Have you ever enjoyed a cool, relaxing evening in your living room, only to go to bed and find you cannot get to sleep because your bedroom is warm and stuffy? If you have uneven cooling in your Tennessee home, ductless air conditioning could be the comfort solution you’re looking for.
Why Do I Have Hot and Cold Spots?
Maintaining a consistent temperature throughout your home can sometimes be as tricky as keeping your balance on a tightrope. Unbalanced cooling stems from several causes:
- Improperly sized ductwork that negatively affects airflow.
- An increased solar effect in rooms that face the sun.
- The distance from the air handler means that rooms closest to your AC unit get the coolest air.
- Thermodynamics says heat rises, so an upstairs room can be 10 degrees warmer than downstairs living space.
- Duct leakage can result in up to a 30 percent loss of conditioned air.
How Can Multi-zone Ductless Air Conditioning Help?
In a central air system, one thermostat regulates the temperature throughout your entire home. If it’s located in the living room, when the living room reaches the desired temperature, the AC shuts off, leaving your living room comfortable but your bedroom still warm.
With a multi-zone ductless system, your home is divided into zones. Each zone has a separate thermostat that allows you to control the temperature in each zone independently. This independent control lets you set your living room temperature at 72 degrees and your bedroom temperature at 68 degrees. Because each zone has its own cooling unit, the conditioned air flows directly into each room, eliminating the energy loss associated with ductwork.
To learn more about how ductless air conditioning can provide customized comfort in your Tennessee home, check out the ductless services we offer at Cook’s Comfort Systems Inc. or call (865) 238-4835. Our comfort specialists would love to show you what a multi-zone ductless system can do for you.