Keep Your Home Cool and Improve Efficiency By Installing a Heat Pump
Keeping your Oak Ridge, Tennessee, home cool this summer is likely one of your top priorities. The good news is that you can keep your home cool and keep your utility bills to a minimum by installing a heat pump. When properly sized and installed, heat pumps can be the best energy-efficient solution for your cooling needs.
How Does a Heat Pump Work?
A heat pump works by using refrigerant to absorb heat from one space and transfer it, via a heat exchanger, to another location. Instead of using electricity to generate heat, a heat pump only uses energy to transfer it, which means the heating itself is passive energy. Heat pumps can be ground-to-air, air-to-air, or water-to-air.
What Are the Advantages of Installing a Heat Pump
There are many advantages that can come from installing a heat pump to cool or heat your home. With a heat pump, you will enjoy:
- Lower Energy Costs – Because you will only be using energy to move energy instead of generating it, you will enjoy significant savings off of your monthly energy bills that can offset the cost of installation.
- Less Maintenance – While you should still have your heat pump checked at least once a year, it will require little other maintenance.
- Better Safety – A heat pump is significantly safer to operate than a combustion-based system.
- Reduced Carbon Emissions – Since heat pumps are extremely energy-efficient, you will reduce the overall carbon emissions from your home, allowing you to do your part to help the environment.
- Longer Life Span – The majority of heat pumps can be expected to work well for up to 15 years. Geothermal heat pumps have the ability to last up to 50 years. This makes them extremely reliable and good investments.
Find out for yourself all the benefits that come with installing a heat pump for your home by contacting Cook’s Comfort Systems, Inc. at 865-248-5001 today. One of our knowledgeable HVAC specialists will help you find the correct size and type of heat pump for your home.
Image provided by Shutterstock
You May Also Like
Are You Losing Sleep Over Your HVAC System in Loudon, TN?
A good night’s sleep is essential to your general health and overall happiness in Loudon, TN. While there are dozens of causes… Continue Reading Are You Losing Sleep Over Your HVAC System in Loudon, TN?…
How Furnace Efficiency Is Determined in Oak Ridge, TN
What percentage of your Oak Ridge, TN heating expense goes up the chimney? Most households place a high value on furnace efficiency.… Continue Reading How Furnace Efficiency Is Determined in Oak Ridge, TN…
5 Common Causes of Poor Airflow in Loudon, TN
Airflow is an essential part of any HVAC system. In Loudon, TN, where the hot and humid climate can strain HVAC systems,… Continue Reading 5 Common Causes of Poor Airflow in Loudon, TN…